Who Is Bob Hesson?
Founder / Owner of Chase Enterprises Ltd.
YOUR POWER PRICE FORECASTING EXPERT
President, Chase Enterprises Ltd.
- Developed the Power Fundamental Summary report delivered to 400 subscribers
- Development of Electrical Energy fundamental studies
- Reports on Electricity forward pricing in Alberta, Ontario and Mid-C
- Independent consultant to RRO (Regulated Rate Option) Buyer/Consumer of Electricity
- Involved in two start up operations in natural gas, one in Houston for a Canadian firm and one in Calgary for an American firm
- Former Vice President Trading and Operations, Natural Gas
- Experienced trader in Natural Gas
- Consult for the Power and Natural Gas industries in the areas of analysis, price forecasting, marketing, operations, and market design.Contract work includes customized data gathering for project analysis (i.e. Power auctions), marketing (i.e. provide data for price discovery and transact on customers behalf for energy or transportation and exchange).
- Current and past customers include Enbridge, Montana Alberta Tie Line, Alberta Watt Exchange, Trafina Energy Ltd., Altek Power Corp., Husky Oil, and Independent Advisor to RRO.
Project Experience Summary and Work History
Chase Energy Canada
Coast Energy Canada (formerly ERI Services Canada Ltd.)
Primary Business Natural Gas and Liquids Marketing/Trading
May 1996 to June 1, 2000
Vice President, Supply & Trading, Calgary
- Responsible for all natural gas activity of traders
- Structured sale From ERI Services to Coast Energy Canada
- Developed a “natural gas fundamentals” model for tracking and forecasting supply/demand balancing to assist in storage and forward pricing opportunities.
Augusta Energy Ltd.
Primary Business Exploration Company
Nov. 1995 to May 1996
- Sold equity and profitably traded third party natural gas and oil – approximately 100 MMcf/d of natural gas and 2,500 barrels/day of liquids and oil
Coastal Gas Marketing Canada
Primary Business Natural Gas Pipeline and Energy Trading
March 1994 to Nov. 1995
Director, Short Term Marketing and Operations, Calgary
- Designed, ordered and set up the first Canadian office for Coastal Corp (was Engage Energy, then bought by Duke).
- Built Coastal’s short term natural gas book
- Managed the physical operation of all Canadian gas supply bought, sold, nominated, and transported.
- Developed an excel format for the US parent to track data
TransCanada PipeLines Limited
Primary Business Natural Gas Pipeline and Trading
May 1981 to March 1994
Senior Manager, Supply, Calgary (July 1993 – March 1994)
- (Promotion from previous job.) Built a team of five responsible for all “non system” natural gas supply purchasing (250 MMcf/d)
- Resolved issues that crossed both the pool and non-pool sales with producers of TransCanada.
Manager US Supply, Houston (July 1991-July 1993)
- (Promotion from previous job.) Transferred to Houston to set up the Western Gas US office.
- Marketed all US supply (150 MMcf/d) and sold 120 MMcf/d of netback pool supply on Northern Border Pipeline at Ventura and all downstream points.
- Negotiated all transportation terms with Northern Natural downstream of Ventura to enhance pool producers’ net price.
Manager Marketing, Cancarb Limited, Calgary (Jan 1986-July 1991)